City of Tshwane
IMPORTANT TELEPHONE NUMBERS
|City of Tshwane Call Centre
|012 358 9999
080 111 1556
|24-hour emergencies (fire, ambulance)||107|
|24-hour Tshwane Metro Police Department; accidents||012 358 7095/7096|
|Tshwane Bus Services||012 358 0839/0840|
Water leaks can also be reported by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use grey water for watering gardens and flushing toilets.
- Report water leaks and burst pipes.
- Install water-saving devices.
- Where possible, install a low-flow showerhead and tap aerators.
- Use a dual-flush toilet cistern.
- Plant indigenous or drought-resistant shrubs in the garden.
- Water gardens before 06:00 or after 18:00 and only when necessary.
- Use a broom instead of a hosepipe to clean driveways or patios.
- Collect rainwater to use in the garden or for washing the car.
- Cover the swimming pool to reduce evaporation.
- Take a quick shower rather than a bath.
- Close a running tap while brushing teeth or shaving.
- Regularly check toilets and taps for leaks.
KEEP YOUR WATER BILLS LOW
- Reduce your daily water use and identify ways to economise water use.
- Reuse water wherever possible. Most water from a tap can be used at least twice.
- Repair leaking pipes, taps and toilet cisterns.
- Do a water audit and identify where you can save water.
Residents are urged to remain aware of the scarcity of water and to make saving water part of their lifestyle by following the above-mentioned tips.